Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Catching Up...

I took a short break (okay, so a month) from blogging for a bit, but it doesn't mean I stopped taking pictures! Of course, I could never stop taking photos of the things I love. I've posted nearly all of the following on Facebook for my close friends and family to see, but I wanted to put them on this blog as well. I love Autumn because the colors are so vibrant, the air is crisp, and my kids don't cry after being outside for 10 minutes. (Note: That makes taking pics of kids SUPER easy!) So please sit back and enjoy the pics. They're not perfect, but they're special to me:)



This is just a fun picture I did after being inspired by a photo on Pinterest. I love Photoshop and this one challenged me just a bit. I learned a lot and I'm happy with how it turned out:)




Another fun Photoshop project starring my one year old, who LOVES putting dirt in his hair everytime we go to the park!




I love this one because it speaks volumes about my kids' personalities:)




Pinecones




My favorite "Autumn" themed shot so far. I love the colors and the sun coming from behind the hill.




 The main strip in Branson at night. 




 A hotel at dusk in Branson, MO.




I love taking close ups of small things. Not sure why, but I love the colors and detail in this pic.




 Last year I used pumpkins as my "Fall" prop... this year we went with apples. 




 Personally, I think my son has one of the most photogenic faces EVER, even when he's not smiling... but then again, I am a little biased :)




 Love the light in this one. I wish it were clearer, though- one more reason a DSLR would be a dream come true!




 I really love the effect of one person looking into the camera and one looking away. Here, my son was happily distracted by the neighbor's dog. I didn't mind much, as it produced a very natural and joyful smile.




Of course, with my children, I love to get them laughing at each other. It provides for such fun photo ops!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Get My Button!

Little Red Shoes

Check out my main blog:

Photobucket"/>

About This Blog

This is a small part of my journey to becoming a better photographer. I am no professional, but I do love photography. I am intrigued by the ability to freeze time, if you will, for a split second and carry it along for years to come.

I will try to update this blog daily, incorporating new (to me) techniques, practicing with my camera functions and utilizing Photoshop to enhance my photos. Really, I'm just looking to share the fun I experience while pursuing my favorite hobby.

My camera: Canon Powershot SX 30 IS
My program: Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0

Pictures are Protected

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP